Where to go in Ukraine: 11 best places CNN recommends
'There are many beautiful places in Ukraine having strong tourist potential, CNN journalists made a list of 11 best places in Ukraine to visit.
In particular, it is highly recommended to visit:
- Lviv (Old Town, pubs, UNESCO-protected sights, themed restaurants);
- Chernivtsi (UNESCO-protected university, the Museum of Art, local architecture);
- Kyiv (two UNESCO World Heritage sites, Kyiv Pechersk Lavra and St.Sophia's Cathedral, Andrew's Descent, Kyiv fast food 'perepichka', the Museum of Folk Architecture and Ethnography in Pyrohiv);
- Mukacheve (Palanok Castle, Bondarenko Confectionery House);
- Pereiaslav-Khmelnytskyi (open-air Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life);
- Kharkiv (the Mirror Stream, Freedom Square, Derzhprom);
- Chernihiv (the Transfiguration Cathedral, Kachanivka Palace complex, restaurant 'Varenychna');
- Odesa (the Odesa Opera and Ballet Theater, restaurant 'Bernadazzi');
- Uzhhorod (different churches, Uzhhorod Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life, confectionery house Valentin & Valentina Shtefanyo);
- Kamianets-Podilskyi (fortress, balloon festival, Khotyn fortress);
- Sofiyivsky Park in the city of Uman (Cherkasy Oblast).
The author of the article also mentioned Kaniv, historical city on the Dnipro.