TRADITIONAL UKRAINIAN WEDDING TO BE SHOWN AT KYIV VYSHYVANKA FEST
On August 23-24, 2014 Kyiv hosts 6th Vyshyvanka Parade where the traditional Ukrainian wedding is presented.
'Every year festival organizers choose thematic art object as a festival symbol. In 2012 it was Ukrainian Easter egg, pysanka, in 2013 it was wonder-bird. This year we chose traditional Ukrainian wedding', the festival organizers comment.
The festival agenda is:
- competition on vyshyvanka and traditional wedding wreath;
- exhibition of traditional Ukrainian towel Rushnyk and chest boxes;
- exhibition of traditional Ukrainian wedding bread, Korovay;
- folk crafts presentation and workshops;
- exhibition of kids’ paintings about Ukrainian wedding;
- Vyshyvanka Parade on Kontraktova Square-Sofiyska Square route (though Andriyivskyy Descent). Parade participants meet on August 24, 2014 at 12:00p.m.
Official Parade opening ceremony is on August 23, 2014 at 12:00p.m.