SOROCHYNSKY FAIR 2015: UKRAINE IS A BIG FAMILY
August 18-23, 2015 Sorochynsky fair will present the best Ukrainian ceramists, spoon players, embroidery craftsmen, carpenters, cart-wrights, fur clothing makers, harness makers, tar producers, bublik makers and tailors.
The motto of this year fair is 'Ukraine Is a Big Family', the whole art program is focused on family, its values and togetherness.
The Fair agenda includes:
- ancient exposition of Ukrainian rushnyks 'Ukrainian House Is Rich In Rushnyks';
- pottery craft exhibition from Opishnia village (Poltava Oblast), heart of Ukrainian pottery;
- interactive performance themed on Nikolay Gogol's novel 'Sorochynsky Fair;
- Ukrainian traditional wedding accompanied with folk songs, dances, sincere love, jokes, korovai, salo, halushky and borshch tasting;
- presentation of Ukrainian, Georgian, Armenian, Azerbaijan, Uzbek and other national cuisines (restaurants from Lviv, Ternopil, Kharkiv, Odesa, Poltava will be exhibited at Fair).