KYIV INVITES TO JAPANESE WEEKEND
Pushkin Park (Kyiv) hosts the Week of Japan under Slava Frolova’s Art Picnic on September, 5-9.
The agenda includes:
- Japanese language lessons for beginners;
- food workshop (cooking mocha (rice balls) on ancient recipe);
- sports trainings (karate, aikido, kendo, kyudo (archery);
- lectures, movies, traditional dances;
- exhibition of photos and Japanese calligraphy;
- games and workshops on origami, ikebana, shyakuhachi (Japanese bamboo flute) and other arts;
- Japanese goods fair and celebration of Japanese holiday Bon.
The event is initiated by Ukrainian-Japanese Center under Kyiv Polytechnic University.