KREMENCHUK TO PROMOTE VYSHYVANKA CULTURE
'Kremenchuk in Vyshyvankas' contest is held in Kremenchuk city, Poltava Oblast, on August,3-24. The event is dedicated to the Independence Day of Ukraine.
The contest aims to promote Ukrainian national clothes, spiritual renovation of Ukrainian nation; foster love and care to historical heritage; popularize Ukrainian cultural traditions.
Embroidered blouses or dresses (kids, men, women) are wanted.
Vyshyvankas will be evaluated by the following criterias: correspondence to national traditions; originality, and combination of national traditions and modern tendencies.
The contest jury will decide the winners in the following seven nominations:
1. 'The Best Women Vyshyvanka (dress)'.
2. 'The Best Men Vyshyvanka'.
3. 'The Best Kid’s Vyshyvanka (dress)'.
4. 'The Best Family Wearing Vyshyvankas'.
5. 'The Best Authentic Vyshyvanka (dress)'.
6. 'The Best Ancient Vyshyvanka (dress)'.
7. 'The Best Author’s Vyshyvanka (dress)'.
The contest program also includes vyshyvanka show, introduction to the history of vyshyvanka, vyshyvanka march, photo session and award ceremony.